Keller Stonebraker Insurance is a 115-year old agency with a reputation for integrity, supporting its employees, and serving our communities. With a strong regional footprint consisting of 6 area offices, opportunities can be based in multiple locations to support not only our growth goals, but the work-life balance needs of our employees.
Is This You?
You find interest in interacting with clients, whether it is in person, over the phone, or through email. Finding new clients, and preparing needed applications and documentation is something you are capable of. Coaching and mentoring team members on technical, procedural, and relationship skills is something you think you’d be good at, and even enjoy. You have an easy time adhering to departmental requirements and procedures. Accepting and embracing change is a quality you hold.
- Manages assigned book of business and client transactional needs including sales, marketing and service according to agency standards and procedures.
- Provides technical support to Account Executive(s), specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Interacts with clients (in person, via telephone conversations, or via E-Mail) to discuss service needs, billing, and coverage questions.
- Develops new clients, prepares applications for the marketing department, complete the underwriting process and presentation of new business.
- Accompanies Account Executive(s) as needed on prospects and/or client meetings.
- Process renewals in coordination with Account Executive(s), managing renewal process for timely receipt of quotations, delivery of renewal proposals and policies.
- Accounts identified for renewal marketing - develops renewal applications and supporting documents. Accounts > $25,000 account premium are submitted to Marketing Manager. Accounts < $25,000 managed with support of marketing department.
- Processes all account transactions as needed ensuring that all items are handled in a timely manner, are accurate and reflect the established agency procedures. This includes (but is not limited to);
- Policy issuance and endorsements
- Binders, certificates and ID cards
- Proposals, schedules and summaries of insurance
- Audits, facilitating corrections as needed
- Client/carrier correspondence (mail and email) and phone requests
- Coverage analysis and recommendations
- Follows agency credit and collection procedures in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments.
- Manages cancellation processes according to agency standards, addressing both carrier and client request as received and advising the Account Executive.
- If Claims Manager(s) are unavailable, assist clients in submitting claims reports or respond to inquiries. Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Account Executive.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Coach and mentor team members on technical, procedural and relationship skills.
- Share information which can improve agency operations or improve technical skills.
- Actively seek ways to improve client service and communicate ideas for improved client service to superior positions.
- Participate fully in agency meetings.
- Comply with departmental reporting requirements.
- Insurance Experience Preferred
- Property & Casualty Agents License
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others, to explain insurance issues, to receive and interpret complex information, and respond appropriately.
- Ability to understand written and oral communication and interpret abstract information.
- Knowledge of insurance products, markets, rating and underwriting procedures.
- Familiarity with computer functions, Microsoft Office and programs, including WORD and EXCEL.
Working Condition & Physical Effort
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- High Stress, fast-paced environment with a high volume of work to be completed daily.
- Limited physical effort required.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to speak and listen clearly on the telephone and with others.