Senior Account Manager – Personal Lines
With the resources that a 115-year foundation provides, Keller Stonebraker is planning for a future of growth, innovation, and continued trusted counsel to our clients.
The Personal Lines Senior Account Manager performs the essential functions of the position noted below, while meeting the quality and service standards developed by the agency.
- Manages assigned book of business and client transactional needs including sales, marketing and service according to agency standards and procedures.
- Provides technical support to Account Executive(s), specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Applies product knowledge, market changes and underwriting skills to provide recommendations and suggestions regarding a client’s insurance program.
- Offers guidance to other members of the personal lines department in areas regarding insurance underwriting and procedural questions.
- Interacts with clients (in person, via telephone conversations, or via email) to discuss service needs, billing, and coverage questions.
- Processes renewals following agency procedures.
- Remarkets accounts identified for renewal marketing following agency procedures.
- Provides technical support to Account Executives, specifically in analyzing a client’s needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Provides quotes to existing clients for additional lines of business as needed.
- Attempts to cross sell additional lines of business for existing clients.
- Identifies opportunities to improve clients’ insurance program and provides recommendations regarding coverages.
- If Personal Lines Manager is unavailable, assists clients with new business quotes.
- Processes all account transactions as needed assuring that all items are handled in a timely manner, are accurate and reflect the established agency procedures. This includes (but is not limited to:)
- Policy issuance and endorsements
- Binders, certificates and ID cards
- Proposals, schedules and summaries of insurance
- Audits, facilitating corrections as needed
- Client/carrier correspondence (mail and email) and phone requests
- Coverage analysis and recommendations
- Follows agency credit and collection procedures in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments.
- Manages cancellation processes according to agency standards, addressing both carrier and client request as received and advising the Account Executive.
- If Claims Manager(s) are unavailable, assist clients in submitting claims reports or respond to inquiries. Identifies exposure to loss and recommends appropriate coverages in coordination with Account Executive.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintains a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts.
- Keeps informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interacts with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the agency.
- Coach and mentor team members on technical, procedural and relationship skills.
- Share information which can improve agency operations or improve technical skills.
- Actively seek ways to improve client service and communicate ideas for improved client service to superior positions.
- Participate fully in agency meetings.
- Comply with departmental reporting requirements.
- Accept and embrace changes in the position’s responsibilities that, in a dynamic and always changing world and industry, are necessary from time to time.
Education & Experience:
- Insurance Experience Preferred – minimum of five (5) years
- Property & Casualty Agents License
- Advanced Insurance Designation
Working Conditions & Physical Responsibilities:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- High Stress, fast-paced environment with a high volume of work to be completed daily.
- Limited physical effort required.
- Limited exposure to physical risk.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to speak and listen clearly on the telephone and with others.